- Which High court has recognized the River Ganga as the first living entity of India?
A.Allahabad High Court
B.Kolkata High Court
C.Uttarakhand High Court
D.Delhi High Court
Answer – C.Uttarakhand High Court
Explanation : A trans-boundary river of Asia Ganga along with river Yauna has recognised as the ‘first living entity of India’ by the Uttarakhand High Court on March 20, 2017. Now, both the rivers will have same legal rights as a human being as per the constitution. If someone pollutes river Ganga, the law will see it equal to harming a human being.
- The newly appointed senior IAS officer __________ took charge as the Chairman of SEBI on March 1, 2017.
Answer – B.Ajay Tyagi
Explanation : Senior Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Ajay Tyagi on March 1, 2017 took charge as the chairman of markets regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi). He is the ninth chairman of the Sebi and has taken over from U.K. Sinha, who completed his six-year tenure. The appointment of 58-year-ol
- Which movie won the Audience Award at the Glasgow Film Festival 2017 on March 1, 2017?
A.City of Joy
C.Santa Banta Pvt Ltd
D.Lipstick Under My Burkha
Answer –D.Lipstick Under My Burkha
Explanation : Restricted for release by the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC), Indian movie, LipstickUnder My Burkha was awarded the third annual Audience Award at the Glasgow Film Festival 2017 on March 1, 2017.
- The nationwide Swachhta Pakhwada has been organized by which ministry from March 1, 2017 to March 15, 2017 to raise awareness about Swachh Bharat Abhiyan?
A.Ministry of Women & Child Development
B.Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
C.Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga
D.Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
Answer – A.Ministry of Women & Child Development
Explanation : The Ministry of Women & Child Development is observing the Swachhta Pakhwada from March 1, 2017 to March 15, 2017 and raise awareness about Swachh Bharat Abhiyan among women and children.
Aim: The Swachhta Pakhwada is observed by various Ministries of Government of India to achieve the goal of universal sanitation, hygiene and ‘open defecation free’ India by 2019. During the course of the progamme, various activities would be conducted throughout the country through the wide network of Anganwadi Centres (AWCs).
- With which BRICS nation, India signed its first ever Social Security Agreement(SSA) on March 16, 2017?
Answer – A.Brazil
Explanation : India and Brazil have finalised text of the Social Security Agreement(SSA) on March 16, 2017. It will be effective from 2018. This is the first SSA agreement between the BRICS Countries.
- The largest municipal waste-to-power plant of India has been inaugurated in which city on March 10, 2017?
Answer – C.New Delhi
Explanation : The North Delhi Municipal Corporation launched India’s largest municipal waste-to-power plant at Narela-Bawana in New Delhi on March 10, 2017. The Narela-Bawana waste-to-energyplant was inaugurated by the Union Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu at the Civic Centre.
- A minimum of Rs. _______ would be charged by the HDFC Bank, ICICI, and Axis Bank after four free transactions in a month.
Answer – B.Rs.150
Explanation : India’s leading private banks including HDFC Bank, ICICI, and Axis they will charge a minimum of Rs 150 per transaction for cash deposits and withdrawals at bank branches beyond four free transactions in a month. The new charges aimed at reducing cash transactions at banks at the rate of Rs 5 for every Rs 1,000 transacted or Rs 150, whichever is higher
- Which state has emerged as the top most state to achieve maximum registration under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime when compared to other states of India?
Answer – C.Kerala
Explanation : Kerala has achieved the maximum number of enrollment and registrations under the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime when compared to other states of India.The state has recorded nearly 60 percent registration of an estimated 2.5 lakh traders in Kerala migrating to the new platform.
- Where was the 2017 G20 finance ministers and central bank governors meet held?
Answer – C.Germany
Explanation : The two day G20 finance ministers and central bank governors meet began in Baden-Baden, Germany on March 17, 2017. Focus: the meeting will focus on strengthening economic resilience in finance, digitalization and promote investment in Africa.
- Which medical hospital has been awarded the Raksha Mantri’s Trophy for the best Service Hospital in the Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS) for the year 2016 on March 2, 2017?
A.INHS Kalyani, Visakhapatnam
B.INHS Asvini, Mumbai
C.Command Hospital (Southern Command) Pune
D.Command Hospital (Northern Command) Udhampur
Answer – B.INHS Asvini, Mumbai
Explanation : INHS Asvini, Mumbai was conferred with the Raksha Mantri’s Trophy and Citation for the best Service Hospital in the Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS) for the year 2016 on March 2, 2017 by Defence Minister Shri Manohar Parrikar.
- Who has been appointed as the new secretary general of SAARC with effect from March 1, 2017?
B.Sheel Kant Sharma
C.Arjun Bahadur Thapa
D.Amjad Hussain B Sial
Answer – D.Amjad Hussain B Sial
Explanation : South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) has named Amjad Hussain B Sial, as secretary general with immediate effect from March 1, 2017.
- Sarah Coyte who announced her retirement from all forms of cricket recently, belongs to which country?
Answer – B.Australia
Explanation : Australian women cricketer Sarah Coyte has announced her retirement from all forms of cricket with immediate effect to combat mental health issues.
- What is the name of the Weapon Locating Radar (WLR) which was handed over by DRDO to Indian Army on March 2, 2017?
Answer – D.Swathi
Explanation : The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) handed over three defence products for induction into the Indian Army in a formal ceremony on March 2, 2017 in New Delhi. These included Weapon Locating Radar, NBC Recce Vehicle and a set of NBC Drugs. Weapon Locating Radar (WLR) “SWATHI” has been developed by Electronics & Radar Development Establishment (LRDE) of DRDO.
- Where was the 13th Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) Summit held?
Answer – A.Islamabad
Explanation : The 13th Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) Summit, an inter-governmental regional group of 10 countries was held in Islamabad, Pakistan on March 1, 2017 under the chairmanship of Prime Minister of Pakistan Muhammad Nawaz Sharif. The theme of the summit was “Connectivity for Regional Prosperity”.
- Who has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Sudan on March 1, 2017?
B.Kosti Manibe Ngai
C.Aggrey Tisa Sabuni
Answer – A.Hassan Saleh
Explanation : North Sudanese President Omar Hassan al-Bashir appointed his first vice president Hassan Saleh to the newly created post of prime minister on 1 March 2017.
- The GST council has agreed to provide a composition scheme for small businesses. Now the small business with turnover upto Rs._______ lakh will have to pay a tax of ____ percent.
A.25 lakh, 5 percent
B.50 lakh, 10 percent
C.50 lakh, 5 percent
D.75 lakh, 10 percent
Answer – C.50 lakh, 5 percent
Explanation : The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council headed by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley unanimously cleared the crucial Central GST (CGST) and Integrated GST (IGST) draft bills on March 4, 2017 during its 11th meeting at Vigyan Bhavan.
- Who is the author of the book titled Numbers Do Lie: 61 Hidden Cricket Stories?
Answer – B.Akash Chopra
Explanation : Former Indian cricketer Akash Chopra released book titled Numbers Do Lie, 61 Hidden Cricket Stories which takes a different look at stats. The defensive opening batsman narrated about the cricket records and player performances more lucidly that reflects player’s impact in the game of cricket
- Referred to as Father of Modern Transplantation, noted American physician Dr. ___________died on March 3, 2017 at the age of 90?
Answer – D.Thomas Starzl
Explanation : The father of modern transplantation Dr. Thomas Starzl, and the key figure behind the world’s first baboon to human liver transplants and research on anti-rejection drugs, has died. He was 90.
- Which state has official status to the tribal language Kurukh on February 21, 2017?
Answer – B.West Bengal
Explanation : The West Bengal government has given an official status to Kurukh language in the state which has been listed as an endangered language by the UNESCO. The language was given the official status on February 21 on the occasion of the International Mother Language Day.
- Which state has launched the Tirtha Darshan Scheme on March 3, 2017 to enable the senior citizens belonging to BPL to go on pilgrimage at government expenses?
Answer – C.Haryana
Explanation : Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced Tirtha Darshan Scheme on March 3, 2017 during the ongoing budget session of the Haryana Assembly.Under the scheme, senior citizens of Haryana domicile above the age of 60 years will be able to go on a Pilgrimage within the country at government expense.
- She Leads Tech initiative has been launched by which company to support women founded or co-founded startups access to year-long program that provides tools, mentorship and resources?
Answer – D.Facebook
Explanation : Social networking giant Facebook has launched a new initiative named SheLeadsTech to support startups which are founded or co-founded by women population. The aim of the program is to encourage more women founders who wish to have their own startup or business.
- Who has been awarded the 30th Moortidevi Award on March 4, 2017 by Bharatiya Jnanpith organization?
A.M P Veerendra
Answer – A.M P Veerendra
Explanation : Eminent Malayalam author and journalist M P Veerendra Kumar was presented the 30th Moortidevi award by Bharatiya Jnanpith organisation in Kozhikode Kerala.
- Indian Navy’s oldest flagship aircraft carrier INS ___________, also known as ‘Grand Old Lady’ was decommissioned on March 6, 2017 after being into service for 30 years.
Answer – C.INS Viraat
Explanation : Indian Navy’s flagship aircraft carrier, INS Viraat was decommissioned on March 6, 2017 at a solemn ceremony in Mumbai after nearly 30 years of service for Indian Navy. The ship which is famously known as the ‘Grand Old Lady’, was with the British Royal Navy since 1959 before the Indian government bought it for Rs 6.5 crore in 1987.
- Rene Preval who died on March 3, 2017 at the age of 74 was the former president of which country?
Answer – B.Haiti
Explanation : Eminent Haitian Former president and agronomist Rene Preval has passed away at the age of 74. He was described as “a dignified son of Haiti“.
- The Indian Women’s Hockey team defeated which country to clinch their third consecutive win in the five-test Hockey series in Bhopal on March 5, 2017?
B.United States of America
Answer – A.Belarus
Explanation : India’s women’s hockey team led by Ritu Rani defeated Belarus 3-1 to clinch their third consecutive win in the five-Test Series held in Bhopal. This will be warm-up tournament ahead of their Hockey World League Round 2 tournament in Canada scheduled this April.
- The week long Bhagoria Festival is celebrated by tribal community of which Indian state?
Answer – C.Madhya Pradesh
Explanation : Bhagoria Festival, also known as Bhagoria Haat Festival, celebrated by the tribal people of the Indian state Madhya Pradesh began on March 6, 2017 in Jhabua district.
- The joint military training exercise AL NAGAH-II is being conducted between Indian Army and the Army troops of which country?
Answer – B.Oman
Explanation : A 14 days long joint military training exercise AL NAGAH-II, of the Indian Army and the Royal Army of Oman kicked off on March 6, 2017 at Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh.
- The 2000th branch of Vijaya Bank has been opened in which city on March 4, 2017?
Answer – A.Tirupati
Explanation : Bengaluru based Vijaya Bank has recently opened it’s 2000th Branch in Tirupati by Sri Chadalawada Krishna Murthy, Chairman, Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams. This branch is the region’s 65th branch and the second in Tirupati city.
- India’s first AI based chatbot EVA has been launched by which bank on March 5, 2017?
Answer – D.HDFC Bank
Explanation : Mumbai headquartered HDFC Bank has launched India’s first AI(artificial intelligence) based banking chatbot Electronic Virtual Assistant (EVA) for customer services. EVA can answer millions of customer queries across multiple channels instantly, HDFC Bank said in a statement
- India’s first biometric-based payment system “Aadhaar Pay” has been launched by which bank on March 7, 2017
Answer – C.IDFC Bank
Explanation : IDFC Bank has launched India’s first biometric-based payment system “Aadhaar Pay” on March 7, 2017 in New Delhi. The Aadhaar Pay app has been developed by IDFC Bank under the guidance of the Ministry of IT, NITI Aayog, Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), and National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- The Trade Mark Rules 2017 which came into effect on March 6, 2017 has replaced which rule to simply the processing of Trade Mark applications?
A.Trade Mark Rules 2000
B.Trade Mark Rules 2012
C.Trade Mark Rules 1999
D.Trade Mark Rules 2002
Answer – D.Trade Mark Rules 2002
Explanation : The government notified the Trade Mark Rules, 2017 that came into force from March 6, 2017. The Rules 2017 will replace the former Trade Mark Rules 2002 and will streamline and simplify the processing of Trade Mark applications.
- India’s first smart tribal village has been inaugurated in which state on March 6, 2017?
A.Jammu & Kashmir
Answer – A.Jammu & Kashmir
Explanation : Jammu and Kashmir’s first smart tribal village Habbi has inaugurated by Ch ZulfkarAli, J & K Minister for food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Ch ZulfkarAli on March 6 2017 in J & K. Habbi village is located in Kotranka in Rajouri District of Jammu and Kashmir.
- As per the latest estimation of global rating agency Fitch, India’s GDP is projected to grow at ___________ percent for the fiscal 2016-17.
Answer – B.7.1 percent
Explanation : The US based global rating agency Fitch on March 7, 2017 estimated India’s GDP to grow by 7.1 percent in the fiscal 2016-17. However, the rating agency also projected the growth to see upward trend at 7.7 percent in both 2017-18 and 2018-19
- Which Indian airport has won the first position in the Airports Council InternationalASQ survey in the 5-15 million passengers per annum (MPPA) category for the year 2016?
A.Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport
B.Hyderabad International Airport Limited
C.Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
D.Indira Gandhi International Airport
Answer – B.Hyderabad International Airport Limited
Explanation : GMR led Hyderabad International Airport Limited (GHIAL) has secured first position in theworld in the prestigious Airports Council International (ACI)-Airport Service Quality (ASQ) survey in the 5-15 million passengers per annum (MPPA) category for the year 2016.
- Rabi Ray who died on March 6, 2017 was a Lok Sabha member from which state?
Answer – A.Odisha
Explanation : Eminent socialist politician and former Union Minister and former Speaker of Lok Sabha Rabi Ray passed away after a prolonged illness in Cuttack. He was 91.
- Online web platform Pratibimba has been launched by which state government on March 7, 2017 to report the performance and achievements of the government to the citizen?
Answer – B.Karnataka
Explanation : Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah launched a comprehensive web-based platform Pratibimba to showcasing the government’s performance and achievements to the citizens on March 7, 2017.
- The Mobile World Congress will be hosted for the first time by India on September 27, 2017 in which Indian city?
Answer – C.New Delhi
Explanation : India to host its first mobile congress with a special focus on reaching out to the South East Asian markets at Pragati Maidan on 27th September 2017. This was announced by Rajan S Mathews, COAI Director General.
- Who has been elected as the 76th mayor of Mumbai on March 8, 2017?
Answer – B.Vishwanath Mahadeshwar
Explanation : Senior Shiv Sena leader Vishwanath Mahadeshwar has been elected as 76th mayor of Mumbai and Hemangi Waralikar as deputy mayor. He replaced Snehal Ambekar.
- The 4 lane ‘Extradosed’ Cable-Stayed Bridge has been inaugurated in which city of Gujarat by PM Modi on March 7, 2017?
Answer – D.Bharuch
Explanation : Prime Minister Narendra Modi was on a two day visit to his native state Gujarat from March 7- 8, 2017. During his visit to Gujarat, PM Modi dedicated a 4-lane 1.4-kilometre ‘Extradosed’ Cable-Stayed Bridge over the river Narmada in Bharuch. It is considered as the longest bridge of India.
- What was the theme adopted by United Nation for the 2017 International Women’s Day?
A.Women in the Changing World of Work: Planet 50-50 by 2030
B.Planet 50-50 by 2030: Step It Up for Gender Equality
C.A Promise is a Promise: Time for Action to End Violence Against Women
D.Empowering Women, Empowering Humanity: Picture it!
Answer – A.Women in the Changing World of Work: Planet 50-50 by 2030
Explanation : International Women’s Day is celebrated by the Governments, NGOs and other Organizations worldwide on March 8 every year since 1900 to highlight the achievements of women in all fields ranging from political to social while calling for greater equality
- The 2017 21-nation Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Summit was held in which country?
C.New Delhi, India
Answer – A.Jakarta, Indonesia
Explanation : Vice President Hamid Ansari was on a two-day visit to Indonesia to attend the 21- nation Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Summit in Jakarta, Indonesia from March 6-7, 2017. Theme: ‘Strengthening Maritime Cooperation for a Peaceful, Stable and Prosperous Indian Ocean’
- According to the Quality of Living Survey 2017 by Mercer, which Indian city has been ranked as the best city in terms of living standards?
Answer – D.Hyderabad
Explanation : In India, Hyderabad emerged as the best city in terms of living standards among Indian cities for the third year in a row. Hyderabad fell by five places to 144 in this year’s rankings from 139th rank last year due to decreased power supply and water availability.