Study Daily Current Affairs from Daily GK Update on Mock4exam.org, and stay updated as well as prepare for General Awareness section of bank exams. Its time to gear up your preparations for All Govt Exam 2017, and with daily dose of current affairs you can easily prepare G.A and score well.
1. Which State Government will start free mortuary van service for its citizens?
2. A report by non-profit National Adivasi Solidarity Council claims that about 200 people who were forced to leave homes for construction of dam in 1960s in Tamil Nadu, are still trapped in bonded labour in plantations. Name the dam that was named in the report.
a) Kodiveri Dam
b) Mettur Dam
c) Aliyar dam
d) Amaravathi Dam
3. A report says that some 200 people, who were forced to leave their homes by the construction of a dam in 1960s in Tamil Nadu. It also specifies the name tribal community from which these bonded labour belong. Name the tribe.
4. Name the two Indian origin people from Australia who were recognised by Queen Elizabeth II in her birthday honours list for 2017 for their contribution to the community.
a) Rajiv Khanna and Unnikrishnan Velayudhan Pilla
b) Rajiv Khanna and Jacques Nasser
c) Unnikrishnan Velayudhan Pilla and Jacques Nasser
d) None of the above
5. This state has decided to carry out a social audit of the Public Distribution System (PDS) to gauge effective implementation of the Right to Food Act, 2013 in the state.
6. Which of the following in June 2017 announced that it will release its final tranche of euro 25 million of its grant to the Indian government’s Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan and Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA).
d) European Union
7. What is the theme of the 2017 World Blood Donor Day?
a) Give Blood. Give Now. Give Often
b) Blood connects us all
c) Thank you for saving my life
d) Safe blood for saving mothers
8. Who of the following was recently appointed as the Commercial Vehicle Business Head of the Tata Motors?
a) Ravindra Pisharody
b) Ravindra Bajpai
c) Girish Wagh
d) None of the above
9. Three Indian warships recently sailed into Fremantle to participate in a week-long naval exercise, AUSINDEX-17. Where was the first edition of the exercise held?
c) Port Blair
10. The Reserve Bank of India recently issued a new batch of Rs 500 denomination notes with new inset letter. What is the new inset letter that will be featured on the new banknotes?
11. NASA has posthumously awarded Exceptional Public Service Medal to Michael A’Hearn for his fundamental work in which area of space science?
a) Galactic Astronomy
b) Forensic astronomy
c) Stellar astronomy
d) Comet study
12. Which two countries have announced a joint anti-terror action plan to crack down on the spread of terror propaganda on the internet?
a) France and UK
b) US and UK
c) UK and Spain
d) Russia and Japan
13. Which two teams have been added for the fourth edition of Indian Super League (ISL)?
a) FC Goa and NorthEast United FC
b) Chennai FC and Pune City FC
c) Bengaluru FC and Jamshedpur FC
d) Delhi Dynamos FC and Kerala FC
14. Which city hosted the Expo 2017 with the theme “Future Energy” recently?
b) New Delhi
15. The Union cabinet has approved signing of MoU between India and which country on cooperation on youth matters?
1. (d) Punjab
2. (c) Aliyar dam
3. (b) Malasar
4. (a) Rajiv Khanna and Unnikrishnan Velayudhan Pilla
5. (d) Bihar
6. (d) European Union
7. (a) Give Blood. Give Now. Give Often
8. (c) Girish Wagh
9. (b) Visakhapatnam
10. (a) A
11. (d) Comet study
12. (a) France and UK
13. (c) Bengaluru FC and Jamshedpur FC
14. (a) Astana
15. (b) Armenia