Study Daily Current Affairs from Daily GK Update on Mock4exam.org, and stay updated as well as prepare for General Awareness section of bank exams. Its time to gear up your preparations for All Govt Exam 2017, and with daily dose of current affairs you can easily prepare G.A and score well.
1. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) in July 2017 agreed to award the 2024 and 2028 Games to two cities. Name the two cities that will be hosting the 2024 and 2028 Olympic Games.
a) Paris and New Delhi
b) Paris and Los Angeles
c) New York and New Delhi
d) New York and Los Angeles
2. Which country will organise the World Theatre Olympics (WTO) 2018?
c) Czech Republic
3. Which of the following nations recently approved a physical education program at girls’ schools?
d) Saudi Arabia
4. Which of the following became the first state to fix minimum education qualification for cooperative body poll?
d) Madhya Pradesh
5. UNESCO recently added caves with world’s oldest known art to heritage list. These caves are located in which of the following countries?
6. Which of the following Indian cities was recently declared the UNESCO World Heritage City?
a) Walled City of Ahmedabad
c) Old Delhi
7. Name the Island of Japan that was included in UNESCO’s World Heritage Site list in July 2017.
a) Kyushu Island
b) Okinawa Island
c) Okinoshima Island
d) Shikoku Island
8. Name the state that has constituted a panel to design state flag.
a) Uttar Pradesh
b) Jammu and Kashmir
c) West Bengal
9. Which state proposed to open Stray Dogs Zoos to keep them off the streets?
10. Which uniform was recently granted the Intellectual Property Rights by Trade Marks Registry of India?
a) Uniform of the RSS
b) Light pink salwar-kameez of Mayawati
c) Blue-bordered sari of Mother Teresa
d) Both (a) and (b)
11. Who of the following was recently shortlisted for the World Soundtrack Award – Public Choice?
b) A.R. Rahman
c) Shantanu Moitra
d) Shankar Mahadevan
12. Saima Wazed Hossain was appointed as WHO goodwill ambassador for Autism in South-East Asia Region. She belongs to which country?
d) Sri Lanks
13. According to WHO, the antibiotic resistance is making the treatment impossible against which disease?
d) Avian Influenza
14. As per a recent research, soil of which planet may be toxic to alien life?
15. China recently sent troops to open first overseas military base in which Horn of Africa nation?
1. (b) Paris and Los Angeles
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) agreed on 11 July 2017 to award the 2024 and 2028 Games at the same time, effectively guaranteeing that Paris and Los Angeles will be the hosts. The IOC – which oversees the Olympic movement – wants the cities to reach an agreement on who hosts in 2028 by then. If there is no agreement, a vote to select just the 2024 host will be held.
2. (a) India
The Union Ministry of Culture will organize a World Theatre Olympics (WTO) 2018. For this, the Ministry has invited over 50 countries to showcase different theatre forms. The National School of Drama (NSD), on behalf of Ministry, will organize the WTO 2018. India also will showcase its own talent, assimilating divergent theatre forms – Swang, Rasleela, Nautanki, Bhand Pather and Jatra among others – under the ‘Ek Bharat, Sresshtha Bharat’ theme.
3. (d) Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Education (MoE) in July 2017 finally approved a physical education program at girls’ schools starting in the coming academic year. Education Minister Ahmed Al-Issa issued a decree on 11 July 2017. The program will be compliant with Islamic rules and will be implemented in the 2017-2018 school year.
4. (c) Rajasthan
Rajasthan in July 2017 laid down the minimum educational qualifications for contesting elections to village cooperative societies and various other cooperative bodies. With this, Rajasthan became India’s first state to fix minimum education qualification for cooperative body poll.
5. (a) Germany
Six caves in south-western Germany’s Swabia Jura region, home to some of the world’s oldest art, In July 2017 were added to the World Heritage List by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) World Heritage Centre. The caves were occupied some 43000 to 33000 years ago. They are among the earliest known dwelling places of modern humans in Europe.
6. (a) Walled City of Ahmedabad
The Indian city of Ahmedabad on 8 July 2017 was declared India’s first World Heritage City, recognising heritage value of the walled city’s unique heritage. The announcement was made by the World Heritage Committee (WHC) of UNESCO following a meeting in Krakwo, Poland.
7. (c) Okinoshima Island
Okinoshima Island was declared as a UNESCO world heritage site on 9 July 2017. Okinoshima, which is a part of the city of Munakata, Fukuoka, Japan, is located in south-west Japan between the main island of Kyushu and the Korean Peninsula.
8. (d) Karnataka
Karnataka has constituted a nine-member committee headed by Principal Secretary, Department of Kannada and Culture, to study and submit a report to the government on the possibility of designing a separate flag for Karnataka and providing it a statutory standing.
9. (b) Kerala
The Kerala Government on 10 July 2017 informed a Supreme Court Bench led by Justice Dipak Misra that it is planning ‘Stray Dog Zoos’ across the state to keep them off the streets. For this purpose, the State government has asked all district panchayats to keep aside two to three acres of land and label them as ‘Stray Dog Zoos’.
10. (c) Blue-bordered sari of Mother Teresa
The Trade Marks Registry of Government of India has granted the registration of the trade mark for the famous blue-bordered sari of Mother Teresa. This is the first time ever that a uniform has been protected under the Intellectual Property Rights (IPR). The blue-designed border on the sari worn by nuns of Missionaries of Charity was recognised as Intellectual Property for the organisation on 4 September 2016.
11. (b) A.R. Rahman
Academy Award winning composer and music maestro A R Rahman in July 2017 has been shortlisted for the World Soundtrack Award – Public Choice. The music maestro was shortlisted for the development of the music for the British-Indian historical film Viceroy’s House that was directed by British filmmaker of Indian origin Gurinder Chadha.
12. (c) Bangladesh
Saima Wazed Hossain, a globally renowned Bangladeshi champion for the cause of autism spectrum disorder, was appointed as WHO Goodwill Ambassador for Autism in South-East Asia Region for two-years.
13. (a) Gonorrhoea
Data from 77 countries show that antibiotic resistance is making gonorrhoea – a common sexually-transmitted infection – much harder, and sometimes impossible, to treat. Each year, an estimated 78 million people
14. (d) Mars
As per a research conducted by researchers at the University of Edinburgh in the United Kingdom, surface of Mars has chemical compounds called perchlorates that can wipe out living organisms. The discovery has major implications for hunt for alien life on the red planet as it means any evidence is likely to be buried deep underground.
15. (a) Djibouti
Ships carrying personnel for China’s first overseas military base in Djibouti have set sail to begin setting up the facility. On the other hand, Djibouti’s position on the northwestern edge of the Indian Ocean instilled worry in India as China builds on its military alliances with countries that encircle India, notably Bangladesh, Myanmar, and Sri Lanka.