Study Daily Current Affairs from Daily GK Update on Mock4exam.org, and stay updated as well as prepare for General Awareness section of bank exams. Its time to gear up your preparations for All Govt Exam 2017, and with daily dose of current affairs you can easily prepare G.A and score well.
The government has merged the National Crimes Records Bureau (NCRB) – which, over the years, has been the principal source of reference by policy makers, police, criminologists, researchers and media – both in India and abroad, with the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D).
- NCRB’s functions will now be placed under the Director General of BPR&D, who will oversee all the data collection related to Crime in India, Accidental Deaths and Suicides, Prison Statistics and Fingerprints.
Why was the merger necessary?
It was felt that if the researchers of BPR&D, which conducts its own researches and commissions many to private institutes/bodies to study the crime patterns, policing and other related aspects, and statisticians of NCRB work together, there will be more accurate and research based data collection.
1. The government of India launched the second phase of measles-rubella (MR) vaccination campaign in the country to eliminate measles and curb instances of rubella by
2. Which of the following departments has been merged into Bureau of Police Research and Development(BPR&D)?
a. Joint Cipher Bureau
b. Narcotics Control Bureau
c. National Crimes Records Bureau
d. National Counter Terrorism Centre
3. What percentage of cess will be levied on SUV cars under GST?
4. ________and PayPal have extended their partnership into Asia Pacific to enhance the consumer experience.
b. Visa Card
c. Master Card
d. None of the above
5. August 15, 2017 Independence Day of India will be celebrated as
a. Prarthna Divas
b. Sankalp Divas
c. Saksharta Divas
d. Prekshan Divas
1. a. 2020
2. c. National Crimes Records Bureau
3. b. 25%
4. c. Master Card
5. b. Sankalp Divas