Mock4exam General Knowledge Online Tests includes a wide range of GK Questions and Answers in GK Quiz form. These Online General Knowledge Tests cover all those topics which can be useful for any Competitive Exams.
- Rajasthan is India’s largest state by area (342,239 square kilometres Or 10.4% of India’s total area).
- It is located on the western side of the country, where it comprises most of the wide and inhospitable Thar Desert (also known as the “Rajasthan Desert” and “Great Indian Desert”) and shares a border with the Pakistani provinces of Punjab to the northwest and Sindh to the west, along the Sutlej-Indus river valley.
- Elsewhere it is bordered by five other Indian states:
Punjab to the north;
Haryana and Uttar Pradesh to the northeast;
Madhya Pradesh to the southeast;
And Gujarat to the southwest.
- The Keoladeo National Park near Bharatpur, a World Heritage Site known for its bird life.
- Rajasthan is also home to three national tiger reserves,
The Ranthambore National Park in Sawai Madhopur,
Sariska Tiger Reserve in Alwar and
Mukundra Hill Tiger Reserve in Kota.
- Its capital and largest city is Jaipur, also known as Pink City, located on the state’s eastern side.
Other important cities are Jodhpur, Udaipur, Bikaner, Kota and Ajmer.