Study Daily Current Affairs from Daily GK Update on Mock4exam.org, and stay updated as well as prepare for General Awareness section of bank exams. Its time to gear up your preparations for All Govt Exam 2017, and with daily dose of current affairs you can easily prepare G.A and score well.
RBI keeps Repo Rate unchanged in Second Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement, 2017-18
- Keep the policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) unchanged at 6.25 per cent.
- Consequently, the reverse repo rate under the LAF remains at 6.0 per cent, and
- The Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate at 6.50 per cent.
- The Reserve Bank of India was established on April 1, 1935, in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
- The Central Office of the Reserve Bank was initially established in Calcutta but was permanently moved to Mumbai in 1937.
- RBI Act, 1934 has been amended by the Finance Act, 2016, to provide a statutory and institutionalized framework for a Monetary Policy Committee, for maintaining price stability, while keeping in mind the objective of growth.
- The primary objective of monetary policy is to maintain price stability while keeping in mind the objective of growth. Price stability is a necessary precondition to sustainable growth.
Nepal signs MoU with China for construction of Budhigandaki Hydropower Project
ii. Nepal’s Ministry of Energy has signed an MoU with China Gezhouba Group Corporation (CGGC) for the development of the 1,200 MW Budhigandaki Hydroelectric Project.
- Gandaki River is Situated in Nepal
- Sher Bahadur Deuba is the newly appointed Prime Minister of Nepal
- Xi Jinping is the present President of China
- Renminbi is the currency of China.
Sher Bahadur Deuba elected Nepal’s Prime Minister for the fourth time :-
ii. He secured 388 votes in his favor and 170 votes against him. A total of 558 were cast during the voting. He needed 297 votes in the 593-strong Parliament to prove his majority. The Nepali Congress leader has become the 40th Prime Minister of Nepal.
- The Central Bank of Nepal is called as Nepal Rashtra Bank (NRB)
- NRB was established in 1956 under the Nepal Rastra Bank Act 1955
- Dr. Chiranjibi Nepal is the present Governor of NRB
Montenegro becomes NATO’s 29th member
- The Capital of Montenegro is Podgorica and its Currency is Euro
- The Current President of Montenegro is Filip Vujanovic
- The Current Prime Minister of Montenegro is Dusko Markovic
- Secretary-General of NATO is Jens Stoltenberg
- NATO Headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
India signs agreement with Sri Lanka for developing Railway sector
ii. The agreement was signed in Colombo amidst the presence of senior officials of Sri Lanka’s finance and transport ministries.
- Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte is the capital of Sri Lanka
- Prime Minister of Sri Lanka is Ranil Wickramasinghe
- EXIM Bank was established by the Government of India, commenced operations in 1982 under the Export-Import Bank of India Act, 1981
- David Rasquinha is the Current MD of EXIM Bank of India.
NHB approves merger between Aadhar Housing Finance and DHFL Vysya Housing Finance
- Aadhar Housing Finance Chief Executive Officer is Deo Shankar Tripathi
- The government has initiated a plan “Housing for All by 2022” with the focus to build affordable dwelling units for the lower-income group and wage earners
- National Housing Bank is wholly owned by Reserve Bank of India
- NHB was set up on July 9, 1988, under the National Housing Bank Act, 1987
- The Head Office of NHB is at New Delhi
- Shri Sriram Kalyanaraman is the Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of National Housing Bank.
Vijaya Bank set to develop 100 digital villages
- Vijaya Bank is a Public Sector Bank founded in 1931.
- It is Headquartered in Bengaluru.
- The Founder of the bank was Sri Attavara Balakrishna Shetty.
- Present MD & CEO of the Bank is Dr. Kishore Sansi.